Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Very new...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2012, 09:19 PM   #31
ryanmx48
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Oh yeah, sorry man. I was in the same boat as you a couple months ago. I wanted to get into this cheaply. I did quite a bit of research on the brew kettle. I ended up deciding that I wanted to get the "best bang for the buck", stainless not aluminum, and just get one large enough now, so I wouldn't end up buying bigger one down the road.

I ended up buying this one and after 4 brews, I'm satisified that I made the right choice and it will be big enough to do full boils when I go to AG. It shipped free with Prime. Good luck, Cheers!

http://www.amazon.com/Bayou-Classic-...ds=brew+kettle

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2012, 09:35 PM   #32
krackin
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 171 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Once you decide to expand get the immersion chiller ASAP. It will save you a massive PIA and yield you warm clean up water as you chill. This is the most overlooked item there is for small start up. You can make one easily enough but for the price of chasing a pre-built is about the same money.

Old 12-15-2012, 12:25 AM   #33
Pickettj
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmx48
Oh yeah, sorry man. I was in the same boat as you a couple months ago. I wanted to get into this cheaply. I did quite a bit of research on the brew kettle. I ended up deciding that I wanted to get the "best bang for the buck", stainless not aluminum, and just get one large enough now, so I wouldn't end up buying bigger one down the road.

I ended up buying this one and after 4 brews, I'm satisified that I made the right choice and it will be big enough to do full boils when I go to AG. It shipped free with Prime. Good luck, Cheers!

http://www.amazon.com/Bayou-Classic-...ds=brew+kettle
I got a 5 gallon (20 qt) with my kit. I realize I will only be able to do partial boils. I may pick this one up as well. You can't beat that price!

On deck: Naught

Fermenter 1: Empty

Fermenter 2: Empty

Secondary: Empty

In The Botlle:
Nutcase Brown Ale
You'll Be Boch
Cherry Wheat

In the keg:
Alpha King Clone
TBDIPA

Old 12-15-2012, 12:26 AM   #34
Pickettj
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by krackin
Once you decide to expand get the immersion chiller ASAP. It will save you a massive PIA and yield you warm clean up water as you chill. This is the most overlooked item there is for small start up. You can make one easily enough but for the price of chasing a pre-built is about the same money.
If you're talking about a wort chiller, I've looked at those and I know they save time but my god they are expensive. I realize its copper but its something else to clean and store. Ill see how big of a PIA sink chilling is and go from there.

On deck: Naught

Fermenter 1: Empty

Fermenter 2: Empty

Secondary: Empty

In The Botlle:
Nutcase Brown Ale
You'll Be Boch
Cherry Wheat

In the keg:
Alpha King Clone
TBDIPA