Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Vanilla Cherry Stout Question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2012, 07:38 PM   #1
Matteo57
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts

Default Vanilla Cherry Stout Question

I have a question about a Vanilla Cherry Stout I am doing currently. I have the stout going and I am going to transfer it to a secondary soon and add cherries and vanilla towards the end for a couple days and then keg it.
My question is about what cherries suggested to use in this.
I got some oregon canned cherries but two varieties. I have the tart red cherries in water (No sugar added) or the sweet dark cherries in heavy syrup. I was thinking of either adding one or the other or a combo of both. Any suggestions on what would probably work better or any experience on either types of cherries and how it came out? Especially with the thought of the vanilla adding an additional layer in there.
Thanks for the assistance!
Also, how long do you think to add cherries? I was thinking like 2-3 weeks?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply