Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > US-05 at 75 degrees ....

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2011, 05:40 PM   #11
unionrdr
Wannabe author
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2200 Times on 1916 Posts
Likes Given: 1648

Yes,the damage has been done. no it's not permanent. Usually is fixable if you let it sit in primary to finish up,& 1-2 weeks to clean up. Bottle conditioning goes even further to help fix this. I can tell you from personal experience. I got rid of so much of every off flavor known to man in my 1st brew,that only a little teeny eeny weenie bit was left way in the back. Too much tap water top off. I now boil at least 2.5 gallons. Then top off with natural spring water. But don't ever think most of these can't be fixed..they can to a high degree if caught & controlled asap.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2011, 06:39 PM   #12
RighteousFire
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The most important time period in terms of Esther production and other flavors is during the reproduction phase. This can be from 0-72 hours out. The only way to tell would be in a clear vessel.

After O2 has been consumed and critical mass is reached then the yeast begin active, anaerobic, fermentation.

Cheers.

Old 05-27-2011, 06:55 PM   #13
Toga
Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 4

US05 is a pretty forgiving yeast. As others mentioned 75 degrees is the top end for it. I had a couple batches get that hot with it and they turned out just fine. Let it sit as recommended for a couple extra weeks in primary and you should be golden.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:03 PM   #14
Guidry
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 27 Posts

Just verifying, it is recommended that it be left in the PRIMARY to get rid of any damage and not transfer to a secondary vessel?

Old 05-27-2011, 08:15 PM   #15
unionrdr
Wannabe author
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2200 Times on 1916 Posts
Likes Given: 1648

Yes,that's what I said...let it sit on that yeast cake.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:20 PM   #16
jbrookeiv
Beer Review Dude
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidry View Post
Just verifying, it is recommended that it be left in the PRIMARY to get rid of any damage and not transfer to a secondary vessel?
Correct.

My Beer Review Blog: Beer Review Dude
My Craft Beer Social Network: Craft Beer Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrewtastic View Post
I think a more pertinent question is where is AB and Miller Coors getting all of their horse urine?
Primary: Belgian Pale Ale w. Brett | Saison | Mango Pulp Wine | Graff, 10 gal

Bottled / Kegged: Hopped Imperial Wheat | AK47 Pale Mild, BIAB | AHS 20th Anniv. IPA, No Chill | Apfelwein
Leftover IIPA, No Chill | All-Molasses Ale | BIAB Black IPA | BIAB Hoppy Stout | JAOM | RyePA

Old 05-27-2011, 09:18 PM   #17
WortDog
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Immediately after pitching, I always put my carboys into two, different-sized, stacked plastic tubs, one inside of the other. This allows me to add cold water to the inside, smaller tub and also use ice packs to get it even cooler if necessary. This is my standard operating procedure for all of my brews. This way, I can better control hot fermentations and then, once it has died down a bit, siphon the water out of the tub, warm it up if need be and better control the temps.

Hope this helps...

WD

Old 05-27-2011, 09:28 PM   #18
senoird
Recipes 

I pretty much use no other yeast except 05 and 04. Ferm at 72-74 and leave it on the cake for ~3 weeks. Never had any off flavors and always get great compliments on the beer. They are as posted above a very forgiving yeast especially giving time to clean up (in which 04 will make a brick in your fermenter lol).

My Other Hobby:
www.mooresolarllc.com

Old 05-27-2011, 10:34 PM   #19
flexxy86
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Sound great ... I feel much better. This won't happen again. short story long is it just got warm here in the passed week or two and my coal stove is still running in the basement to keep the moisture out til I get a new dehumidifier this weekend. Once the stove it out it'll be good and cool down there, i just didn't think it was THAT warm on the other side of the basement (it's divided into two rooms) but it sounds like It will be ok. now it's time for a beverage now that the weekend has begun!!! I'll raise my glass to you guys! You all rock! =) Thanks!!

Quick Reply