Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > trub layer on top?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2013, 07:36 PM   #11
Clavechkin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Not experienced at all, this was first ever. Thank YOU

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 10:53 PM   #12
Ogri
Recipes 

Liked 75 Times on 71 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clavechkin View Post
OK thanks. If I bottled before fermentation was complete but don't get any bottle bombs (none yet), will I be able to taste that fermentation was not complete?
If you open and drink a bottle after only a week or two since bottling it'll probably taste a bit "green", underdeveloped, lacking in something or just a bit "off" somehow. Due to having racked into your bottling bucket at two weeks and since, as you said, there was still krausen on top, if it were my brew I'd probably aim for going a bit longer than three weeks of carb-ing/bottle conditioning before chilling for a few days to a week in the fridge and opening the first one. BUT, I don't think I could have managed such restraint on my first ever homebrew

Try one or two as you please but give the majority enough time to mature and you won't regret the slight sacrifice

Old 01-23-2013, 01:10 AM   #13
Clavechkin
Recipes 

That's what I'll do, thanks again

Quick Reply