top three equipment upgrades?
what are the top three cost efficient equipment upgrades you'd recommend to newbies?
i.e...what has made the most difference to the quality of your beer and/or made brewing day easier for you?
1. Turkey fryer (easily under $40)
2. Auto-siphon (when it works; ~$10)
2. Wort chiller
3. Teenage son to help with bottling
1. Jetwash (to clean bottles)
2. Secondary barrel (and spares to soak bottles in)
3. Bottle tree (for drying bottles)
...i am seeing a connection here - need to start kegging soon!
On second thought, I don't know that the teenage son is very cost efficient.
* another carboy
* double-bottle washer (see review section of this forum)
***but the #1 thing for me is this forum*****
keep them coming!
large pot for 10 gallon brews
therminator to chill the 10 gallon
for minor stuff that I can afford at the moment
a wort chiller
1) Turkey fryer
2) 10 gallon rubbermaid cooler (and about $10 worth of plumbing pieces.)
3) Wort Chiller
Now you've got an all grain setup. Talk about improving your beer and saving on your per-brew cost...
1. Autosiphon (better than sucking on the hose)
2. 3 gallon SS pot (it's a little beauty. besides, steeping and sparging grains in my 8 gallon pot was FTL)
3. Dishwasher (takes away all the work of sanitizing bottles...and i got it free with my apartment)
|All times are GMT. The time now is 03:34 AM.|
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.