Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Third 5 gallon batch...no bubbles or krausen

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2013, 07:51 PM   #21
Glaurung30
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Just an update on this. It's been a little over a week that this AK47 has been in the bottle. I opened a bottle...or two this weekend just to see how it was turning out. Everything is fine. No off flavors. It's a little weak but it's still early in the carbonating process and needs to condition. I have kind of found that I like to let my beer sit for more than 2 weeks in the primary. It seems to come out more flavorful.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2013, 08:24 PM   #22
tripplehazzard
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 449 Times on 337 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glaurung30 View Post
I checked the lid and it was snapped on, but I have a little test that I do. I press down on the center of the lid. The water level in the airlock should usually goes up and the plastic piece rises and hits the top. It didn't do that. When I pressed on the center of the lid I heard a hissing sound coming from the base of the air lock. I think it had just worked itself loose enough that air was leaking out there. There is a nice ring of crust around the top though so I think I will be okay.
When I have a fear of busting the top and causing pressure to leak through the lid ill take the cap off the airlock attach a 1/2 in hose and let it drain in a pitcher. Do this after pitching and sealing the lid. The yeast will create its co2 atmosphere forcing air out but not letting any in

"good people drink good beer" -HST

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply