Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > thinking about boosting alcohol a little.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2012, 02:23 AM   #11
Unibrow
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatHead View Post
I am new here so I don't want to be confrontational but it's not like I asked if I could double my ABV by pouring in a bag of cane sugar. I was just considering upping it by 0.5%. Would people be this bothered if I asked what do you think about an extra TBS of sugar in my lemonade or an extra shake of salt on my fries? I am new to brewing and had what I considered a legitimate question about the effect of raising alcohol a little. Most people said it could have a negative effect so I decided to at least put it off until at least a few brews. While I truly don't drink beer to get drunk and honestly don't even remember the last time I was drunk I would be lying if I said I didn't like the relaxing feeling of alcohol.

Also I probably will make some wine and cider later but I prefer beer most of the time.
You asked a fair question and got a good array of answers. Nobody is bothered by the question. Rather, they are just giving their own personal opinion...which, by the way, will assist you just the same.

Remember, above anything else, home brewing is about being unique and experimenting. You should certainly do the homework before trying something radical, but your idea of a great beer may differ from other people's

I'm trying to catalog every brew online so I don't have to keep notes all over the house. Check it out on my blog site below:

http://brewzak.wordpress.com/

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply