Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Think I got my first infection :(

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2012, 09:38 PM   #21
HeadyKilowatt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Looks like beer to me! I get bubbles like this after fermentation once in a while and it's fine. No worries, especially if it tastes alright. And if it doesn't taste alright, just leave it in bottles for another month and try it again.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 09:40 PM   #22
Soma
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbigda View Post
yea. i've seen this 3 or 4 times (small clear bubbles after krausen has dropped). it has always resulted in an undrinkable infection when i've seen it.
I suspect you may be unnecessarily dumping beer, there is nothing strange looking about this at all.

Old 08-15-2012, 01:49 PM   #23
Kampo
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Beer isn't infected I berleave after tasting the first last night.....but it's prolly my worst brew ever.....it's a light beer so there isn't a ton of flavor to cover up a pretty strong astringent flavor.... Prolly my **** up was josoling the bucket tl keep the yeast active all it would dry it out more, not I read that can cause astringency when it's still on the hot/cold break

I brew like I cook....prolly won't be able to recreat anything I make but i'll try to improve on it

Old 08-15-2012, 01:58 PM   #24
TheZymurgist
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 205 Times on 156 Posts
Likes Given: 493

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgherrington3 View Post
That's good beer right there. Drink it. If you fart alot, well then it's still good
Holy crap, this is the best thing I've heard in a long time!

Old 08-15-2012, 04:13 PM   #25
tre9er
Recipes 

Liked 233 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampo View Post
Beer isn't infected I berleave after tasting the first last night.....but it's prolly my worst brew ever.....it's a light beer so there isn't a ton of flavor to cover up a pretty strong astringent flavor.... Prolly my **** up was josoling the bucket tl keep the yeast active all it would dry it out more, not I read that can cause astringency when it's still on the hot/cold break
I doubt swirling the fermenter caused astringency. If your mash was heated too hot when the PH was too alkaline, that would cause it though. Or perhaps you got husks into the brew kettle and they were boiled, still the PH should have prevented astringency.

What's the ABV? What was the recipe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davekippen View Post
Open log Fermenting and gas-can secondary?? I am planning my next brew right now!!

Quick Reply