Are there any good cheap dextrose and/or maltodextrin recipes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badbrew

Reaction score
I'm talking as the primary sugar. In other words an inexpensive batch that doesn't taste like pabst or hooch..:)

I'm talking as the primary sugar. In other words an inexpensive batch that doesn't taste like pabst or hooch..:)

Not for maltodextrin as it won't ferment. But as for using dextrose, you could make wine or cider with some fruit and the dextrose. You can't really make beer or anything resembling beer with sugar, as the beer flavor itself comes from malt sugars.

Not for maltodextrin as it won't ferment. But as for using dextrose, you could make wine or cider with some fruit and the dextrose. You can't really make beer or anything resembling beer with sugar, as the beer flavor itself comes from malt sugars.

Yeah I guess I should have clarified more. I am looking to make something cheap to share with people that is beer and mostly dextrose. I had a recipe that I made a long time ago that was about 8-9% abv and a whole lot of dextrose. Just wondering if there is any decent ones that have been tried.

BTW, I plan to try fruit drinks too.

I don't think you can make anything that tastes like beer but is mostly dextrose. Maybe 20% or so, but not mostly.

Back