Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Thank you Brewferm Wheat/Blanche

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2013, 05:22 PM   #1
stz
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default Thank you Brewferm Wheat/Blanche

To christen my finished boiler I decided to make a 40L batch of hefe. Heavily aerated and split a Brewferm Wheat/Blanche sachet quoted for 20L between both bottles expecting a decent lag time to help contribute to the character. Next morning it looks like it is boiling. Typically don't totally fill, top off later to avoid excessive overflow, fit some tubing for a blow off in these instances, no bother at all. Come home today to find this, well worse than this because the first thing I did was mop up the waterfall pouring into the draws/into everything in the draws and onto the floor.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2013, 06:04 PM   #2
brewkinger
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 170 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 203

Looks like a decent fermentation going on there

The only thing I suggest is get some starsan or vodka into that blowoff setup to prevent stuff from contaminating your beer (although there looks to be no chance of something getting "in" until that blowoff slows down.

PRIMARY: Dirty Blonde
SECONDARY-Dry-hopping: Regal Pale Ale
SECONDARY-Dry-hopping: SNPA Clone
SECONDARY: Unknown Ale (Partigyle from RPA and SNPA)
BOTTLED / CONDITIONING: Bass Ale Clone
Conditioning and Drinking: MO-Fuggle SMaSH
Conditioning and Drinking: MO-Willamette
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness. I am kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you will remember about me.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply