Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Thank you for all of your posted information

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2011, 05:50 PM   #1
bmanbrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Thank you for all of your posted information

Hello All,

Yes, I'm a newbie. Just brewed my very first batch this last Sunday. I just wanted to say THANKS for everyone who posts on this forum. The information I have read to learn and understand this whole homebrew process is so informative....overwhelming I may add too.

I'm sure I'll be posting beginner questions if I can't find any answers here already....I think every question has been answered at least once! Maybe not...how to keep our cat from staring at the bubbling airlock? I know I know...get rid of the cat! Me and my brew will be sleeping outside for a while if I did that.

Again, thanks for all of your questions/answers.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2011, 05:59 PM   #2
frazier
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 92 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 7

How to keep myself from staring at the bubbling airlock? I gave that job to the cat!

Welcome to HBT, and I agree: Tons of great info on any aspect of the hobby.

~
"Anything worth doing, is worth doing slowly." ~~ Mae West

Old 03-08-2011, 05:59 PM   #3
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 477 Times on 420 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Just wait until you taste what you made...

I was brewing before I joined here (a few batches) but I've learned a great deal since I started reading about updated methods as posted.

One thing I've found valuable is to concentrate on a set of styles. Personally, I'm working on brews of the British Isles... I want to get those nailed before I move on to others. Not to say I won't try to make a lager at some point, it's just not in my list of recipes "on deck"...

Just be sure to use the search function, putting in the parameters you think something could fall under (try a few variations)... If you can't find an answer, that's at least moderately recent, then post up... Or post in one of the threads already started to see about getting updated info...

What is your first batch? Since you made it last Sunday, how long before you go out and get another primary for another batch?

Welcome to the obsession...

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Old 03-08-2011, 06:02 PM   #4
40watt
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 64 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 25

This. I brewed my first on Sun. as well.

Thanks to the site ya'll have put together, I didn't have to ask questions. The FAQ and Wiki took care of that.

Thanks again. If ever there was a site to be a paid member, this would be it.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:02 PM   #5
40watt
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 64 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Last edited by 40watt; 03-08-2011 at 06:04 PM. Reason: double

Old 03-08-2011, 06:18 PM   #6
bmanbrew
Recipes 

I got some Irish Red going, nothing too complex. I have 2 carboys for primary and secondary. I'm already thinking about creating my "pipeline" and how to best handle it. I want to wait to see how my first batch turns out before I start other but it was so damn fun to brew!

Old 03-08-2011, 06:22 PM   #7
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 477 Times on 420 Posts
Likes Given: 266

I would read up on the long primary method if I was you... Means you now have TWO primaries.

Fermcap-s is wonderful stuff too... Used that so I could primary in a corny keg...

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Old 03-08-2011, 10:15 PM   #8
MikeMayhem
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

this site is invaluable and the search feature works so wonderfully that that's the sole reason my post count is so small. Every question I thought I needed to ask was quickly answered after a few quick searches!

I'm currently working on my pipeline, trying to score a couple cheap 6.5 gal carboys to have multiple primaries!

happy brewing

Old 03-08-2011, 11:46 PM   #9
Wakadaka
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Couldn't agree more. This site has been incredibly helpful. Pretty much any concerns have already been talked about, and then I keep finding things that can make my brew even better.

Special thanks to Deathbrewer for his write up on stove top partial mashes and AG. That was the first time I had read about the brewing process and actually felt confident enough to try it out myself

Quick Reply