Thank you to all and iodophor question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polamalu43

Reaction score
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone on here. I finally brewed good beer. Third time is the charm I guess. My first two kind of sucked. The first was a weizenbier made from a Brewer's Best kit. Really poor stuff. No weizen taste or characteristics. I then made a Brewer's Best IPA. It was a little better, but mediocre at best.

THEN, I made another hef, using wyeast 3068 and the same Brewer's Best kit (Muntons, Mt. Hood hops, etc) that I used to make my first beer. It's been in the bottle for three days, and I had one. It's delicious. Banana, clove. Awesomeness. It will get more carbonated, but the taste is exactly what I wanted.

Two pieces of advice from a noob to other noobs:

1. I've had bad luck with the dry brewers yeast in the brewer's best kits. Smack Packs are your friend.

2. Read Revvy's sanitation posts. I got some big five gallon buckets from home depot and some iodophor. That's all you need.

Now, I also have a quick question: I let my supplies airdry after using iodophor. When I poured my chilled wort into my primary, the fermenter was still a little bit wet with tiny iodophor-solution water drops. Does anyone ever do this? Or, do people make sure that their equipment is 100%, completely dry before exposing it to the wort?

polamalu43 said:
2. Read Revvy's sanitation posts. I got some big five gallon buckets from home depot and some iodophor. That's all you need.

Now, I also have a quick question: I let my supplies airdry after using iodophor. When I poured my chilled wort into my primary, the fermenter was still a little bit wet with tiny iodophor-solution water drops. Does anyone ever do this? Or, do people make sure that their equipment is 100%, completely dry before exposing it to the wort?

Wow thanks for the kudo's.

I just answered a similar question on another iodophor thread...

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showpost.php?p=614312&postcount=15

Back