Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Temperature Instability and Effect on Secondary/Bottled Beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2007, 10:43 PM   #1
efreem01
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Default Temperature Instability and Effect on Secondary/Bottled Beer

Hey All,

I have about 60 bottles of homebrew (35 of which are priming) at my parents house along with my secondary fermenter. Today in NY it was about 75 degrees and i just discovered that's about what the temp was inside the house as well. The average temperature in the house is usually 68 with the burner going. How is this temperature swing going to effect my homebrew bottles/secondary fermenter?

The priming bottles have White Labs Cali V yeast, and the secondary is working on cheesefoods CCA with Wyeast German Ale yeast.

"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2007, 10:49 PM   #2
Baron von BeeGee
Beer Bully
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

It shouldn't affect anything at all. It's more important during primary fermentations and if you're doing a lager.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply