Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Tasting / Judging Beer - How to

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2008, 05:12 PM   #11
findthefish
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokonon View Post
I suspect there are some going on in Michigan or will be soon. I think there was an exam in the last month or two, but I'm sure there will be another one sometime in the next year. I believe Fred Bonjour was the exam organizer, you might want to contact him to see if he knows of any study groups going on or when the next exam will be.

I'd also check with any local clubs to see if there is any interest. If you've got 6-12 dedicated people you can startup a study group.
+1 on the clubs. The club I am in has classes for those interested. Lots of the guys are certified, and one of them is a pro brewer, who gives the BJCP test at his brewery.

Kevin

The Bruery Provisions - Homebrewing supplies and equipment.
BrewCommune - Orange County home brew club, yeast database, recipes, and forum.

On Deck: Belgian IPA
Primary: nothing
Secondary: Traditional Mead
Kegged: APA, Cream Ale, Belgian Ale, Sour Belgian, Barrel Aged RIS

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2008, 06:16 PM   #12
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2017 Times on 1449 Posts
Likes Given: 1100

A lady working at the local VFW was goign to put on a tasting "class" this past April, but because of changing jobs, and low advertisement and sign-up, it was cancelled. I'm hoping she will do one this fall.

I don't see how you can honestly get a good idea about tasting from a book or webpage. I think you have to actually "taste" to understand, personally.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply