Tasted my first brew today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stumpwater

Reaction score
I botteled my first batch (truebrew all malt amber) 3 days ago. I leave tomorrow for work and will be gone a month so i thought i would pop a top and try one. Well, I was shocked to say the least because its only been in the bottle 3 days but folks this is some of the best beer i have ever tasted, so i put another in the cooler for a couple of hours. Its much better chilled, a little cloudy but it has a beautiful head that stays with you and well i just couldn't believe it! I'm 1 happy beer drinker. I love this stuff

So it was already carbonated after 3 days? I bottled mine a week ago and it's still not carbonated enough for me to really like it, no head whatsoever :(

It is carbonated, the first one was hard to pour but it was warm. The chilled one poured perfect.

Oh yeah...I remember my first. She was an IPA, bitter she was, but wonderful none the less. I'll never forget her.

Congrats, and welcome.

I've been away from home a month due to my job and when i got home yesterday my wife had six in the cooler waiting for me.What a difference a month makes !! 33 days in the bottle when i opened the first one.The brew was clear, fully carbonated and was not quiet as bitter. I thought this was a good brew a month ago, but I know it's good now. It pays to let it sit ! I also had another batch in the fermenter for 33 days that i just racked to a carboy for 10 more days.. I'm thinkin this one will be the good one. Now I'm waiting on a brown ale kit to come rolling up my driveway in the little brown truck.

yes mine has been in the bottle almost a week and it has a decent head that stays throughout and is carbed pretty well....And the IPA tastes hoppily bitter :)...I love this hobby

Your first time is always magical. Tasting your 1st batch of homebrew is pretty awesome as well ;)

After 30 days it is so much tastier with better head retention.

Start planning your next batch now, especially if you have homebrew moocher friends like mine!

I firmly believe that every brewer on this board vividly remembers his/her first beer from the very first batch! Mine was an Autumn Amber Ale from Midwest. And that first "ssssssh" when opening the cap on the bottle was awesome...as was the beer!

Enjoy the addiction!

glenn514:mug:

Back