Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > taste advice

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2005, 07:47 AM   #1
Brew_Barron
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default taste advice

I have now had my brew in the kig keg for about 2 weeks and the pressure has really built up now. I gave it a quick try and at the moment to tastes odd, a slightly sour start with a sweeter mid taste and a bitter finish (really messes with your head)
The brew is a muntons best bitter so I just wondered if anyone had tried it or if they could advise if this is normal and it just needs a couple more weeks before drinking.
method used for ref: 4 days in primary, week in secondry then into king keg with 4 oz of sugar to prime.
Cheers
Mark

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2005, 02:27 PM   #2
Born Brewing Co.

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Someone correct me if I'm wrong as I have yet to keg my beer, but I've heard the first few draws from the homebrew keg (corny keg) pulls alot of yeast and some sediment and may not taste the best. After which point you should be fine. If you have friends like mine, they'll drink it anyway! Besides a bad batch I may do will probably taste better than the watered down stuff they're used to drinking. Relax, don't worry, have a homebrew.

Primary :empty
Secondary : empty
KEG: empty

May your beer never be empty, and a roof always over your head, and when your day comes, may you get to heaven before the devil knows your dead.

Old 06-07-2005, 02:28 PM   #3
homebrewer_99

Recipes 

Liked 83 Times on 73 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Could be a bit more yeast in the first beer. That's normal for kegs.

Quick Reply