Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Swing top bottle stopper on non swing top bottles

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2011, 06:40 PM   #1
Ply318ci
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

Default Swing top bottle stopper on non swing top bottles

I was wondering if anybody has seen these and if they work at all, thanks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Swingtop-bot...ht_4371wt_1099

(Hope I didn't violate any rules by posting an ebay link)

The reason I ask is I have a bunch of 12oz empty bottles and some 22oz empty bottles and want to know if anybody here as used these for bottle conditioning and if they work or not.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2011, 06:44 PM   #2
hamiltont
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Says they work best for Corked Champagne Bottles. The neck would have to match the one in the pic perfectly for these to work. I'd stick to bottle caps. Just my opinion. Cheers!!!

If Homebrew & BBQ aren't the answer, then you're askin' the wrong questions... Cheers!!!

Old 09-02-2011, 06:49 PM   #3
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2710 Times on 1629 Posts
Likes Given: 3484

I'm glad to know they still make them. People have in the past posted about antique versions of them, and asked if they still were available. I periodically did some searched and came up dead.

They should work fine.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 09-02-2011, 09:37 PM   #4
Ply318ci
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

Great thanks for the info, these look like the cheapest route to go for me since the nearest brew shop is a 1.5 hour round trip and the shipping to ship a bottle capper and capes from 3 different site was 20 bucks, making my total 40 dollars. With these I can get all I need for under 20,

Old 09-02-2011, 11:15 PM   #5
jimmayhugh
Turgid Member
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 46 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Just bought some

I'll let you know...

Old 09-03-2011, 02:14 AM   #6
HH60gunner
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I had bad luck with grolsch style bottles & tops. I can't view the link because it's blocked from work but I imagine it's similar. I did a 5 gallon christmas batch and about 90% of the grolsch style bottles didn't hold a seal good enough to fully carbonate. The few bottles I did use standard caps on came out great. I was really bummed too, because I gave out a lot of those bottles as christmas presents. Of course I didn't know they didn't seal good until after I had given them out. I had only tasted the standard capped bottles because I was saving the fancy onces for the xmas gifts. After that I decided I would never chance that again.

Quick Reply