Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Substitute for "Munich Malt Syrup"?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2006, 12:55 AM   #1
gopherhockey
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Substitute for "Munich Malt Syrup"?

I have only brewed up 2 batches so far and have stuck with the kits available from northern brewer. For my next batch I want to do a Phat Tyre Ale clone, or another German Alt... but the web site says they don't have "Munich Malt Syrup" and are substituting "Amber Malt Syrup" until mid to late March.

I don't want to wait until then to start my next batch. Does anyone know of a better substitute for the Munich Malt Syrup than Amber? Perhaps by another manufacturer?

I'm not yet ready to step outside the bounds of the kits just yet, but am willing to substitute other brands if it helps get the beer closer to what it should be.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2006, 03:02 AM   #2
Kaiser
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 114 Times on 71 Posts
Likes Given: 4

You should be fine with Amber Malt Syrup. When you use a significant portion of Munic malt in a mash, you will get an amber beer.

I used Amber Malt Extract as the base in my last Alt.

Kai

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply