Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Stuck Fermentation and Re-Aerating?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2008, 10:56 PM   #1
chunktronic
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Stuck Fermentation and Re-Aerating?

Hi everyone,
I currently have two batches of beer with fermentation stuck at about 1.020, and I'm going to re-pitch yeast into them.

My question is: since they've been sitting (without any fermentation activity) for almost a month, am I going to need to re-aerate them before adding the new yeast?

One other issue is that while one of the batches has the old yeast and trub mostly filtered out, the other still has yeast in it (it go stuck once before and I added yeast a 2nd time and nothing happened, so I'm giving it a third shot). Is that a problem?

And is there anything else I ought to do to give them a better chance this time around?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2008, 11:04 PM   #2
DeathBrewer
Maniacally Malty
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 214 Times on 119 Posts

don't reaerate them. instead, make a starter so there's plenty of yeast to do the job and aerate that (interminent shaking is fine)

"Death is always with us." - Brewpastor

Quote:
DIAICYLF
We will remember...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply