New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > stir plate query

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 08:56 PM   #1
frostyp
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default stir plate query

Got plenty of bits and assembled stir plate but not grabbing bar well sometimes it does just even with very little clearance between fan and jar, real earth magnets purchased are Duratool Rare Earth Magnets 3mm x 12mm , looking at them thought they would be larger enough, looking around websites have found magnets mentioned with different pull rates, just wondered what everyone else was using

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2012, 09:10 PM   #2
jeremy0209
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 18

I use rare earth magnets that I got out of a hard drive....very little clearance, as well. I can't spin them too fast or the stir bar flies off (I think I should have purchased the shorter stir bar), but I can spin it fast enough to matter. Maybe you need to slow it down. Also, I cut a hole in the top of the stir plate above the magnets so the only thing between them and the stir bar is glass.

Primary: Zero, zip, zilch
Secondary: Bourbon Barrel Porter
Kegs: South Mountain Pale Ale (6oz at knockout, that's it), Puzzle Piece Brown
Up Next: Ordinary Bitter double batch

Puzzle Piece Brewery on Facebook...when I'm not too lazy to update it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply