Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Still plagued by "THT"... "The Homebrew Taste"

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2012, 07:46 PM   #31
Brewskier
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhoop View Post
Hmm, maybe oxidation? Do you take care not to splash the wort around when it's hot, or after fermentation? Also, what are the conditions your keeping the bottles in? Are you leaving as little head space as possible when bottling?

This may be a stupid question, but how about pouring? Do you leave the last bit or pour the whole bottle in? I wouldn't think that would add a cardboard flavour, but it would add sweetness at the end (the yeast).
I typically swirl the wort chiller around when cooling down the beer. I use an autosiphon and bottle via the normal approach. It foams up a little when bottling, but I use oxy caps to get rid of that last little bit of oxygen.

I leave the last bit out, typically.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2012, 08:58 PM   #32
rhoop
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 11 Posts

Try a few things mentioned on your next brew and let us know how it goes. We can troubleshoot all day but won't know until it's tested! Good luck!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply