Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Starter mistake

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2009, 11:45 AM   #1
lostspring
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Starter mistake

I must have been daydreaming.
I made a starter for my third brew yesterday. For some unknown reason I used 3 pints of water instead of one. What I did 1/2cup LME to 1 1/2qts of water. I realized this morning what I had done. I moved it to the refrigerator.
What are my options? I really don't want to use anymore of my LME from my extract kit or is that alright. I am going to order another kit and will order some DME ( Golden Light from Midwest?)when I do. That will probaly take 4 or 5 days to get here. Should I order another propagator pack of yeast when I do?
Also a side question.
What kind of yeast do you guys keep on hand? I am doing just ales right now.

Bottled my first batch yesterday. Big Ben Pale Ale

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2009, 12:15 PM   #2
Saccharomyces
Be good to your yeast...
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 78 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

???

If you always do extract, just use some of the extract from the kit for your starter, and pitch the whole starter in without decanting. End result is the same number of fermentables into the finished beer as if you hadn't made the starter...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soperbrew
big brother only monitors facebook and untappd

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply