New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Star san water left n bottles omg help!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2012, 12:05 AM   #1
joe1988
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Star san water left n bottles omg help!!

ok i was bottling and half Way threw a i reolised there was a little bit of star san water in the bottom of the bottles! will this effect my beer and my hands were in the star san solution so whats gonna happen! i tasted abottel it tasted fine kinda sweet with a light bitterness so guys have i oruined it

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2012, 12:08 AM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2661 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3452

You want a little starsan in your bottles when bottling. It's a wet contact sanitizer.

It breaks down and becomes yeast food.

Relax, you're fine. One of our members actually drank a glass of dilluted starsan to prove it was safe.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 06-03-2012, 12:20 AM   #3
joe1988
Recipes 

hey what are the odd of an infection? me and a friend had to both work on it in order to get the hose to go on both hands where washed so is this even a real worrie?

Old 06-03-2012, 12:26 AM   #4
Revvy

Recipes 

Here, read these threads instead of worrying, they'll show you how strong your beer really is.

Revvy's advice for the new brewer in terms of worry.

What are some of the mistakes you made...where your beer still turned out great?

And Never dump your beer!!! Patience IS a virtue!!! Time heals all things, even beer!

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 06-03-2012, 12:28 AM   #5
Revvy

Recipes 

Also, read my bottling sticky, it will give you tips for making bottling easier.

Quick Reply