Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Spent Grain Dog Treats

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2013, 12:17 AM   #1
anoman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Spent Grain Dog Treats

I just recently made a batch of spent grain dog treats out of the specialty grains of my Chocolate Milk Stout. This may be a dumb question, but I wanted to be 100% certain that the 0.75 lbs Fawcett Pale Chocolate Malt was only named that because of its resemblance to chocolate and that it does not actually contain chocolate. I do not want to give me dog treats laced with chocolate and have something bad happen.

In short, does the Fawcett Pale Chocolate Malt actually contain chocolate?

Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2013, 12:25 AM   #2
Heine81
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Chocolate malt is just a roasted malt. The chocolate refers to the color flavor profile of the roasted malt, not because they added chocolate.

Good luck,

Old 03-08-2013, 12:31 AM   #3
SpottedDogBrewing
Hmmm, BEER!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 49 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Bakers chocolate is the only chocolate bad for dogs! From my Vet Tech Wife :-)

"This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!"
-Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

"The nations of the West also have their own intoxicant, made from grain soaked in water...Alas, what wonderful ingenuity vice possesses! A method has actually been discovered for making even water intoxicated."
- Pliny the Elder

Old 03-08-2013, 04:06 AM   #4
EPS
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Bakers choc is not the only choc bad for dogs. Bakers choc is the worse and can be the most dangerous in small amounts. But all choc is not good for dogs. So don't anyone go feeding your dogs choc. Basically bakers choc is the worse then Dark then milk and white choc is the least dangerous. Not saying if you give a 80lb dog a hershey bar hes going to die. But if a small dog such as a yorkie eats that it can get very ill start vomiting and diarrhea and get very dehydrated and some cases die. Choc malt fine but any other choc not healthy for dogs weather it be Bakers choc or not.

Without beer, life would be a mistake.

Quick Reply