Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Specific First Brew Q!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2012, 01:21 AM   #21
Gartywood
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

The hydrometer confirms your results, helps to estimate alcohol content, and confirms that fermentation is complete before bottling. For the small cost you really should get one. If you really want to push quickly to drinking I would go for a more moderate beer (hoppy blonde or hefeweizen maybe) I'd be looking at 6-7 weeks from brew day to drinking with this beer. Fermentation will be longer, there is a dry hop step, and you are bottle conditioning.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 01:22 AM   #22
superfknmario
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by grognerd
spring-tip bottling wand and not a gravity-tip

last bottling session, before i got my spring-tip, i lost a full bottle of beer from the gravity-tip sticking open.

One whole bottle

the horror
nooooooooo!!!!!!!

Old 11-28-2012, 03:26 AM   #23
JustinMaster
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gartywood View Post
The hydrometer confirms your results, helps to estimate alcohol content, and confirms that fermentation is complete before bottling. For the small cost you really should get one. If you really want to push quickly to drinking I would go for a more moderate beer (hoppy blonde or hefeweizen maybe) I'd be looking at 6-7 weeks from brew day to drinking with this beer. Fermentation will be longer, there is a dry hop step, and you are bottle conditioning.
Ahhh, I just purchased the Pliny kit... Haha oh well, if it takes longer, its not the end of the world (Im a seriously busy student who wanted to brew this this strictly during my winter break).

I hope this was an ok brew for my first time? Ill keep everyone posted. Thanks guys for the help

Quick Reply