New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Some notes from my first brew

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2009, 02:45 PM   #11
tconlan25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimer77 View Post
You are brewing and experimenting with a more complicated brew than myself, so keep me informed. That may be the next i will try.
I pulled a sample for gravity testing last night and I'm currently at 1.021 which to me seems a little high for 11 days of fermentation, but I'm new at this so what the heck do I know. I'll take samples over the next few days to see if I see any drop.

Taste wise I think it's pretty good. I opened a Flying Dog porter to "compare" it against. Granted they weren't nearly the same temp and mine hasn't been carbonated yet, but I think they are near enough in taste to keep me happy. No off smells or tastes that I can detect so unless I've manage to infect things in my sample taking I think this will work out.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply