Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > So close to the perfect brew day

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2008, 10:38 PM   #1
Grinder12000
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default So close to the perfect brew day

I was brewing up a mini mash Nut Brown Ale and everything was going perfectly. The football games were on and the Bears were blowing it (money on TB) and all my temps and timing was perfect.

I got the wort from 212 to 70 in 10 minutes and was about to aerate the carboy.

Cleaned the aerater attachment to the electro drill, inserted it and . . . . . nothing. DANG, dead battery. I run upstairs and got the charged one, grrgrrrrgrgrgrrrrr....... blink dead.

DAMN!! So close to perfection!!

I did aerate and pitched the yeast.

I tell ya. Every brew (7th) gets easier and cleaner.

Grinders Island Brewery - Pipeline

Bottled! Award winning East India Porter, Oatmeal Stout, Milk Stout, Saison fermenting at a nice controlled 85 degrees (up from 70) as it should be - weird isn't it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2008, 01:33 AM   #2
MCH
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Brewed my 5th batch yesterday and although they've all went fairly smooth, my methods have become more refined as well.

Finally got around to setting up a tub with water and ice to store my fermenter in and let me tell you......I've never seen a more active fermentation. There's a ton of difference between fermenting at 68/70 and fermenting at 64/65.

You see every drink of liquor you take kills a thousand brain cells. Now that doesn't much matter 'cos we got billions more. And first the sadness cells die so you smile real big. And then the quiet cells go so you just say everything real loud for no reason at all. That'ok, that's ok because the stupid cells go next, so everything you say is real smart. And finally, come the memory cells. These are tough SOBs to kill.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply