I've had my batch in the primary for 2 1/2 weeks now. I kept my first sample in a flip-top (lid on with no clamp) just so I could hydro it now and again. I did the same with my second sample at 1 1/2 weeks in.
That second sample is sticking at .020 and there is no airlock activity in the primary (I know both of these are not good indicators). I'm just wondering how long I should wait before I take a 3rd sample, determine whether or not it's stuck, and start taking measures to wake the yeasties up (if they are in fact stuck).
I'm using Nottingham on 6lb sorghum and 1lb honey. It's probably just the honey taking it's sweet time to ferment out, but even if that is the case my 60 degree F basement may be hampering the process.
So leave it be for another week, or take a sample soon so see if the primary matches the satellite, or move it to a warmer spot?