Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Siphon Question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2007, 01:21 PM   #1
GTTailgater
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Siphon Question

I use a carboy cap siphon like the one in the FAQ section. Last night, I went to move into bottling mode, but couldn't get the dern thing to work. (I have followed all instruction in the FAQ) This is my second batch and it worked earlier on the first. When I blew into the skinny tube, all I felt was pressure. My carboy was above the bucket per usual and the metal tubesubmerged in beer. I also checked all of my seals.

I basically have 3 questions...

1. How difficult is it for you all to get your siphon started during bottling (carboy to bucket)
2. Could mine possibly be broken?
3. Can anyone explain exactly how the skinny tube/plastic circle piece actually works? I believe that may be the root of my concern.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2007, 02:51 PM   #2
GTTailgater
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I believe that i may have figured my issue out. The santizer filter may be broken/ruined due to water log.

Old 05-09-2007, 03:02 PM   #3
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 978 Times on 653 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Yeah, they are not supposed to get wet. Also, maybe you have it backwards, IIRC they are one-way.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Quick Reply