The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Single stage or Two stage fermentation?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2009, 12:00 AM   #1
jhubert
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Single stage or Two stage fermentation?

I am planning on brewing up a Liberty Cream Ale kit from Midwest this weekend. I going to be kegging this brew and want to know if it is recommended to also do the secondary fermenter or go from the primary to the keg? Pros and Cons to either way?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2009, 12:29 AM   #2
BillyBroas
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

There's a Pro/Con analysis of this on the 3rd post of this thread - http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/vs-p...alysis-109318/

Good luck!

Old 12-16-2009, 12:51 AM   #3
jhubert
Recipes 

Thanks for the link!

Old 12-16-2009, 01:23 AM   #4
GroosBrewz
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhubert View Post
I am planning on brewing up a Liberty Cream Ale kit from Midwest this weekend. I going to be kegging this brew and want to know if it is recommended to also do the secondary fermenter or go from the primary to the keg? Pros and Cons to either way?
For what it's worth, I have done both.. Often I rack to secondary and sometimes I dont get around to it and rack after two or three weeks in the primary. Do whatever you have time for and you will still make great beer... If you used Irish Moss and do a cold crash before turning on the gas, your beer should still be pretty clear..

Tap 1- JubelAle Clone
Tap 2- Evening Bite Pale Ale
Tap 3- Twilight Clone
Tap 4- Dicks Danger Ale Clone

"Today I felt like burning some calories....So I found a fat kid and set him on fire"

Quick Reply