Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Simple Malt Extract recipe

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2010, 12:03 AM   #81
Robsbrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Oh yeah about the brew. Its a little foggy bu ttasty!!!! Its similar to a Sam Adams Boston Lager with a tad more Carbination. Id like to atleast leave 6 in a dark hole somewhere for about 6 months and see how it turns out. It is tasty and a tad stronger than what im used to drinking!!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2010, 09:04 PM   #82
Robsbrew
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

So Im just steeping grains for my second batch. Im going a little different for the above batch listed. Im adding som chocolat malt and caramal and a tad of carapils for thickness on my head. All in all its going good. Ill fill you in on the rest!

Old 04-28-2010, 02:29 PM   #83
Robsbrew
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I just checked my ale and its going absolutly wild!!!!! When I brew that Irish red Ive been waiting for I am going to need a blow off tube. I only did a half batch this time. Next batch is going to be a full 5 gallons! Its all turned out ell. I knew a lot more of what to do this time. It was my first time steeping grains but I think it went extremly well!

Old 05-02-2010, 11:56 PM   #84
Robsbrew
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Okay I just racked my amber into the secondary. I brewed last tue but I only did a half batch so I though it would be fine putting in the secondary today. What d you guys think? I wasnt getting any bubbles in my airlock anymore so I though it was good. Now Im looking forward to next weekend. Irish red and Oktoberfest!

Quick Reply