Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Should i put all of them in the fridge ?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2013, 11:26 AM   #1
francoeura22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Should i put all of them in the fridge ?

So my Beer is ready, taste fine but could be better. Only 3 weeks since bottling. my question here is should i put all of them in the fridge or let them sit at room temp ? Will the taste still get better even in the fridge ?? Also my beer is a bit cloudy , nothing to worry about but what could i do ?? Tanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 11:30 AM   #2
aiptasia
Recipes 

Liked 531 Times on 469 Posts
Likes Given: 162

Either would probably be fine, just don't store them anyplace too hot. Don't expose them to light, either. Just keep them in a box in the dark.

The cloudiness could be caused by yeast, chill haze, or something else we aren't aware of. You can try cold crashing a few bottles for a week in the fridge and see how that does for the clarity of the beer.

2014: Seven Heavens Series One: Vilon, Mystic Melomel, Skeeter Pee.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:06 PM   #3
unionrdr
Wannabe author
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2106 Times on 1844 Posts
Likes Given: 1554

Put some in the fridge for a week to see if it's where you want it. When the carb & flavor are good,you could put them all in the fridge.
The cloudy stuff will settle out in the fridge just like cold crashing. It'll settle any chill haze & get co2 into solution.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:10 PM   #4
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2748 Times on 1648 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Most folks don't have a separate beer fridge to hold entire multiple cases of beer. Most of us just put a few bottles in at any given time, and store the rest at room temp, or cooler if they can. It doesn't really matter. Have you ever gone into a beerstore and seen all the beer sitting at room temp? If it was harmful they wouldn't be doing it, would they?

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 02-06-2013, 06:20 PM   #5
francoeura22
Recipes 

Thanks for the answer ! Ill probably put them in the fridge !!

Old 02-06-2013, 08:31 PM   #6
unionrdr
Wannabe author

Recipes 

Liked 2106 Times on 1844 Posts
Likes Given: 1554

If you have the room,or a seperate fridge,that'd be fine. Many of us don't,so we fridge maybe 12 at a time or so.
Revvy Likes This 
Old 02-06-2013, 11:06 PM   #7
francoeura22
Recipes 

My second fridge is empty, waiting for them I just wanted to be sure That this Would not stop the progress of the taste !!

Old 02-07-2013, 12:24 AM   #8
masskrug
Shooting for 80%
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 155 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 71

I just put one weekend's worth at a time in the fridge and let the the others continue to age in the closet. I would assume that once you put the beer in the fridge the yeast activity (carbing) will slow to a crawl, if not stop altogether.

Quick Reply