*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Should I go All Grain or go with an Electric Brewery

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2011, 06:34 PM   #11
jbsengineer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Or build this:

The Electric Brewery

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2011, 07:05 PM   #12
fdben
Recipes 

I can't comment on the extract vs all grain, as I only did a few extract kits before jumping straight into all grain, but I'll give my input for gear. I have very similar kit to what you mentioned (almost exactly the same actually) but I just upgraded to a 17 gallon kettle, and have a cooler for a mash tun.

If I went electric with my current gear the only thing I would lose would be my burner. I'd modify the kettle, and probably get some sort of RIMS going.

Old 09-22-2011, 07:15 PM   #13
bknifefight
Recipes 

Liked 95 Times on 73 Posts
Likes Given: 39

You should be saying "Should I go electric or use a propane burner?" That is the real difference you're talking about. "All grain" dictates no extract, not how the wort is boiled. And like people have said, if you went with a propane burner and later decided to go electric, it's not like all of your equipment would go to waste. You could still use the mash tun, modify the kettle and there ya go.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:30 PM   #14
madbird1977
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for the feedback. I had been looking at both the Sabco and electric brewery sites. Very nice setups, I would like it to be automated as much as possible but still of course want it to be hands on...I doubt you can really ever but hands off unless you get a UBER brewery setup.

I guess I could turn the burner off and cook on my stove top again and call it electric brewing!

Quick Reply