Should I brew tomorrow

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveooph131

Reaction score
I'm planning on making a starter tonight, is that early enough if I want to brew tomorrow or should I wait it out and brew Thursday to give the yeast more time.

I haven't gotten on Mr. Malty yet, but most of the starters required turn out to be about 1L.

It is a Brown Ale, so my target is 1.056 at 65 percent efficiency. However, it could turn out higher if I get a better efficiency.

Well considering it is better to at least have a starter started then not, and if you pitch everything and not decan, you can still brew tomorrow.

The earliest I have pitch a starter was between 6 and 8 hours. It didn't mean that the starter was through with reproducing or that there still wasn't some lag time to deal with..But at least the yeast was more awake than if I/you pitched it straight outta the packet or tube.

I did it! I'm brewing today, and made my starter last night. It's not a huge beer, so I feel like my starter should be adequate. My starter did start showing signs of fermentation right away, and it'll be about 20 hours from when I made it to pitching. I have it on the stir plate right now.

Back