Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Should I bottle?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2010, 02:41 AM   #1
hudsonj6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Should I bottle?

So I've had this brown ale sitting for quite a while now (2 weeks primary, 2 weeks this weekend secondary) and I'm hoping to bottle this weekend. The reason I ask is because there is still a fair bit of bubbling going on in the carboy. Now before anyone says anything, I've taken hydrometer readings and the F.G. has been stable for a week so fermentation should be complete. I've done some searching around and some people have said that bubbling can be from off gassing but I haven't moved the carboy and temp has been consistent ect. The batch is clear as can be and I just need to know if these bubbles (that are being produced at about the same rate as of a week and a half ago) are going to cause me any grief if I bottle this weekend? ie bottle bombs.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2010, 02:54 AM   #2
Germelli1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 19

It should be good to go! You are correct in those bubbles being C02 that is being un-dissolved. When you move your carboy, then rack it, the residual C02 should escape!

If I had 8 hours to chop down a tree, I would spend 6 sharpening my axe. ~Abe Lincoln

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply