Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > sediment on side of the carboy

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2010, 09:31 PM   #1
OHIOSTEVE
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Default sediment on side of the carboy

What is the best way to get this stuff to go ahead and fall? It looks like " cascading" ( best word I can think of) sediment on the sides of the carboy. If I use gealtin it seems I get it almost every time. Even with time it still seems to stay. I lose MOST of it when racking to the bottling bucket but I am sure I could lose more if I could get it to go ahead and fall.

BALDGUT BREWS

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2010, 09:34 PM   #2
TipsyDragon
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts

RDWHAHB. dont worry about getting it to fall in. its not necessary. just rack to the bottling bucket like you have been doing. then clean it off the sides later. if you cant get it off by shaking the carboy don't worry about it.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:26 PM   #3
GRHunter
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

I wouldn't worry about it. Beer is a living, breathing, farting, messy organism. Much like visiting relatives. As with visiting relatives, you can clean everything up real nice after it's moved out. RDWHAHB.

Quick Reply