Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > To secondary or not to secondary....

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2013, 01:17 AM   #1
SilentT
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default To secondary or not to secondary....

Ok things appear to be fermenting well with my first batch, krausen is funky and airlock is bubbling and ill take another hydrometer reading to make sure things are going well.

Now I have to decide what's next.

I've read several opinions about using a secondary and I can't decide if it is the best thing to do or not.mi was hoping for some more opinions.

So should I put it in a secondary and age it cooler ( remember is a black lager) or just keep it as is, any insight would be appreciated! Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2013, 01:21 AM   #2
kombat
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 684 Times on 442 Posts
Likes Given: 621

That, my friend, is the age-old question. Most folks agree that it's not necessary, and risks oxidizing or infecting your beer.

By all means, lager it if you've got the facilities, but I'd keep it in the same fermenter all the way through till bottling time.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:26 AM   #3
codfather
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I also move mine to a secondary but that's mainly to free up the primary to brew more beer. I've never had any issues.

Quick Reply