New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Secondary Fermentation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 07:25 PM   #11
scoundrel
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 44 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Yes it is true because the sugar in fruit any honey is pretty much fully fermentable. In beer there are long chain dextrins that yeast can't break down. It's these residual sugars that give more body, unlike say wine that ferments out dry in most cases. Yeast strain also has a factor in the overall dryness of your beer. I expect it will be somewhat dry but not ad dry as wine.

Starter??? I don't even know her!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 09:01 PM   #12
kaniatron
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoundrel
Yes it is true because the sugar in fruit any honey is pretty much fully fermentable. In beer there are long chain dextrins that yeast can't break down. It's these residual sugars that give more body, unlike say wine that ferments out dry in most cases. Yeast strain also has a factor in the overall dryness of your beer. I expect it will be somewhat dry but not ad dry as wine.
I finished my beer today at 1009 if I calculated it right my og was around 1072 so I believe it's around 6.6 percent. Smells and tastes great. Three weeks left to carbonate so excited.

Old 11-26-2012, 12:44 AM   #13
scoundrel
Recipes 

Liked 44 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaniatron View Post
I finished my beer today at 1009 if I calculated it right my og was around 1072 so I believe it's around 6.6 percent. Smells and tastes great. Three weeks left to carbonate so excited.
Be careful telling your friends its 6.6% since (1.072-1.009)*131= roughly 8.25%. With the extra fermentables you added, 8.25% sounds more realistic. The good news is that since you added them after the boil there is probably very little to no hot alcohol taste. I bet it's gonna taste awesome! I wish I could try one!

Starter??? I don't even know her!

Old 11-29-2012, 02:59 AM   #14
kaniatron
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoundrel

Be careful telling your friends its 6.6% since (1.072-1.009)*131= roughly 8.25%. With the extra fermentables you added, 8.25% sounds more realistic. The good news is that since you added them after the boil there is probably very little to no hot alcohol taste. I bet it's gonna taste awesome! I wish I could try one!
I tried beer after 4 days it was carbonated much to my surprise. . . It was quite delicious lots apricot flavor and a little pulp in each bottle. It turned out better then my expectations. I added a little apricot essence to my batch I think next time I would use less. My wife seem to notice it which isn't good but she has sensitive palette oh well.

Quick Reply