Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Second Brew Recipe Question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2011, 05:02 PM   #1
prpromin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default Second Brew Recipe Question

Want to get a second brew started, and I was thinking about this recipe:

http://www.byo.com/stories/recipeind...ons-milk-clone

Wondering about the instructions to bottle after a week - seems like everything I've read here indicates that 3 weeks or more would be better. Anyone have thoughts on the recipe? I'm inclined to let it sit for at least a few weeks before even thinking about bottling. Also, anyone ever try this particular recipe and have suggestions? I'll be doing the extract version, btw.

Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2011, 05:05 PM   #2
bferullo
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Always make sure primary fermentation is done before bottling. A lot of recipes out there say bottle after one week. Most low gravity brews will finish primary in one week, but always check your readings first.

I would leave in the primary a little longer to let the yeasties clean up some then bottle.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply