After DME addition.
After hops addition.
So now the 60 min countdown begins, and I cracked open a brew and started stripping the labels.
Half way through the boil.
Cooling down the wort in the sink with several water and ice changes. The cool down to 80° took about one hour.
I use a sanitized colander to strain out hops, and to also aid in aeration.
Taking wort for a hydrometer reading was achieved by drawing liquid with a turkey baster and using a hydrometer test jar.
Pitching the yeast was not photographed.
I moved the fermenter down to the basement and waited. There was good bubbling with in 24 hours.
After approximately 60 hours, I noticed a small problem. The wort had bubbled out of the airlock. I was surprised because I have a 6.5 gallon bucket, but later realized that this is common.
I cleaned and sanitized the airlock and the fermentor lid, filled up the airlock and plugged it back in.
The bubbling returned with in 1 minute, indicating a very active fermentation.Video of air lock bubbling
So now I am monitoring the temperature and trying to keep it consistent as possible.
I hope to have this batch drinkable by St. Patty's day dinner.
Thanks for looking and reading. Comments welcome.