Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Second Beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2012, 03:41 PM   #1
breweringbeaz
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Default Second Beer

I finished brewing my first beer an IPA from a kit last week. I will be bottling next weekend and want to brew again. I was thinking of doing Palmer's Cincinnati Pale Ale. Does anyone have any opinions of this beer or any other recommendations for a nice beginner beer?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 04:56 PM   #2
RM-MN
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 825 Times on 684 Posts
Likes Given: 298

Quote:
Originally Posted by breweringbeaz View Post
I finished brewing my first beer an IPA from a kit last week. I will be bottling next weekend and want to brew again. I was thinking of doing Palmer's Cincinnati Pale Ale. Does anyone have any opinions of this beer or any other recommendations for a nice beginner beer?
There are a lot of choices that are easy for a beginner to make. Your LHBS probably has kits of a lot of different styles of beers or you can use the recipe section on this website. I'd caution against doing an imperial at this point because they may require starters and better temperature control.

Old 11-18-2012, 06:29 PM   #3
breweringbeaz
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Thanks for the response

Old 11-18-2012, 06:31 PM   #4
Euripidez
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 15

A few of us around here chose Brewer's Best English Brown Ale as a good first beer.

It is a simple brew, doesn't need a long fermentation time or bottle conditioning time, and tastes pretty darn good. It's easily drinkable and enjoyed by all, especially if your taste buds get tired of your IPA!

Quick Reply