Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Searching For Brewing Information?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2009, 11:32 AM   #1
kdlo17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Searching For Brewing Information?

Hey guys,

I'm interested in some less common topics like non-co2 ways to dispense, filtering, etc. I've used the search but it's hard to filter out irrelevant returns. Is there an advanced search here? Do you guys have any tips for searching the forum? What are your favorite info sites for brewing topics? Right now I'm just using this forum and looking for podcasts. Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2009, 12:25 PM   #2
Suthrncomfrt1884
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 3

How to Brew - By John Palmer - Introduction

Read over that entire site. It's what I was instructed to do when I started brewing as for most other people. It's a great resource and goes through most topics you should know before you start brewing.

Another HERMS rig...

Old 07-22-2009, 12:29 PM   #3
Edcculus
Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 37 Posts

Check out the Brew Strong episode on filtering. The rest of the Brew Strong shows are full of great info.

I use The Jamil Show when I'm brewing a new style. Go back through the archives to get past the "Can You Brew It" episodes. They cover every style in the BJCP Guidelines.

Non CO2 ways to dispense? Are you looking for beer gas/nitrogen? The only ways I know are CO2, air (keg will go bad quickly), gravity dispensing with the head space replaced by air (like a cask - beer will go bad quickly), and beer gas.

Old 07-22-2009, 01:03 PM   #4
JeepDiver
Recipes 

Liked 143 Times on 112 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdlo17 View Post
Hey guys,

Do you guys have any tips for searching the forum? What are your favorite info sites for brewing topics? Right !
Use the Advance search at google, limit the site to *.homebrewtalk.com

Old 07-23-2009, 01:39 AM   #5
kdlo17
Recipes 

Thanks for the tips guys. Especially that google one. I thought I read someone mention that but forgot about it.
I was actually listening to the BrewStrong filtering recording last night. To summarize the lessons in the podcast: sanitize and push CO2 through the filter and too much yeasty beer will make you explode your pants

Quick Reply