I'm going to be brewing a dogfish head 60 minute clone next. My problem is sorting out timing as i will be traveling intermittently over the next few months so if I wait until I have a clear 3-4 week stretch I won't start it for the next couple of months at the earliest. I had a recipe from clone brews that was adapted upon advice from lhbs (happy to post recipe if it makes any difference to recommendations below).
Clone brews says 1 week primary, move to secondary to dry hop and bottle when fermentation is complete.
Lhbs says 1 week in primary, dry hop for a week then move to secondary for a week.
I see I have a few options.
1) I can wait until I am settled for a while (not ideal as I won't start it for almost 2 months).
2) I can do 2.5 weeks split between primary and secondary based on how people think I should split it. This could work for clone brews option but seems a bit short.
3) I can do 4.5 weeks split between primary and secondary but if I move it it need's to be done in the first 2.5 weeks.
4) I can do >6 weeks split between primary and secondary but if I move it it need's to be done in the first 2.5 weeks or at 4.5 weeks
They will bottle condition if that makes any difference. I know there is debate about whether a secondary is needed so I'm happy to leave it in primary for whole time if that is recommended but I seem to recall people saying move to secondary if dry hopping. Don't want to start the primary/secondary argument again, hso appy to go with consensus (or one of the HBT gurus recommendations!).
What do people think?
Thanks in advance.