Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Sanitation

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2005, 10:11 PM   #1
awillis
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Sanitation

I just racked to the secondary, then cleaned the primary with just water. Can I leave the primary like this until next use or must I clean with a cleaning agent right after? I will clean all equipment with a cleaning agent prior to next batch. TIA.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2005, 12:29 AM   #2
bikebryan
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by awillis
I just racked to the secondary, then cleaned the primary with just water. Can I leave the primary like this until next use or must I clean with a cleaning agent right after? I will clean all equipment with a cleaning agent prior to next batch. TIA.
I clean everything right after using it. Using just water will more than likely leave some sort of residue inside, coating the plastic or glass of the fermener vessel. Now let that dry for several days and guage how hard you'll have to work to clean it.

I clean up right after I rack, and it takes maybe 10 minutes from start to finish to clean all my gear. The time spent then is better than the LLOONNGG time I'd need later.

Old 06-08-2005, 04:04 AM   #3
Kephren

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I let my primary soak in water w/ oxyclean overnight without racking. I never thought about using oxyclean until someone here asked if it was possible. I figured I'd give it a try. It eats right through the krausen ring and rinses out easy. I don't even use my carboy brush anymore. Of course, I rinse and sanitize again immediately before brewing.

Quick Reply