Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2013, 01:18 AM   #1
GeorgiaTiger
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 73 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 70

Default Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout...

Just popped the top on this beer that I bottled last week (I KNOW, it needs more time, but I wanted to try it). Been in the fridge for 36 hours and just wanted to see what it was gonna be all about.

WOW! LOTS of chocolate and a little coffee taste. Great head on it (used NB Carbonation drops in it) and laced up the glass all the way down. The only complaint I have is that it is young and it is a little thin. Not as mouth filling as the real SS. BUT, it tastes really good. This one is gonna be awesome when it gets a few more weeks on it! Cant wait to try it late January!

ssos.jpg   sslace.jpg  

Allen
"Im an airlock sniffer...I sniff airlocks"
Primary 1: Empty
Primary 2 (LBK): Empty
On Deck - IPA of some sort
Bottled - Irish Red Ale
Wicked Gnome HomeBrewing

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 05:07 AM   #2
rubybrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews