Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Saison

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2012, 10:09 PM   #11
EatWell
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Saison brewing...Thanks for the reply, so now I'm on day three of fermentation and thing are going well(or I think they are!) air lock is still bubbling. My question is about temperature control, how do you regulate the increase of temp at 3* each day until you get to 93*??? I do have a beer belt, but how do you control the temp. Of the belt? Also, but call me stupid, how do you get an internal reading of the wort if the air lock is on, so you know when to ramp it up ( when i find that answer!) Man do I sound like a rookie or what! Side note you all are a great help & I'm having a blast at my new hobbie!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2012, 10:33 PM   #12
wolfman_48442
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I have a dedicated chest freezer that I use as a fermentation chamber, so you can get rather precise control of your temperatures.
I also ferment in SS corny kegs, which personal experience has shown have a surface temp and internal temp that are within a degree of each other, even while fermenting vigorously.
For temp control, I use the ebay temp controller, which has it's own mega-thread.
As for ramping 3 degrees a day, nothing fancy. I just raise the set point on the temp controller by 3 degrees

Old 03-10-2012, 01:13 AM   #13
EatWell
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for the info, got it at 88* right now on day 5!

Quick Reply