I am brewing an APA from kit. This is only my second brew and I made a mistake right at the start. I used 1KG of DME and 360g dextrose added to boiling water in my bucket however not all my DME would dissolve. I got worried about infecting my brew or oxidation it by stirring too much and I thought maybe the clumps are just clumps of gluten.
So I left quite a few clumps in the fermenter bucket maybe up to 200-400g max. The beer fermented ferociously for about 3 days. After 4 or 5 days I decided to move it to another room which is not conditioned. So the temperature climber from about 18 to 24 degrees and suddenly it started fermenting again for a few more days though at a slower pace then stopped again.
After 2.5 weeks and a few day of no activity I decided to throw gelatin finings in and stir so I can bottle in 2 days. However suddenly after doing that it started bubbling yet again for 1 more day.
So it seems every time I disturb the brew it starts fermenting again. It may be that some of those clumps have not yet dissolved and not yet fully fermented. I have since read that those clumps of DME are supposed to dissolve and I am supposed to stir 15-20 minutes.
My question is when is it safe to bottle, its been almost 3 weeks now? My SG is 1.010. My OG was 1.052 though I am not sure that was accurate given that not all DME was dissolved. My friends same kit with safe recipe was 1.072
Should I leave it another week or just give it another stir to see if it starts bubbling again. I will check the gravity again in a day or 2.