Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway - Last Chance to Enter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Rushing A Lager

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2011, 02:22 PM   #1
Skarekrough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Default Rushing A Lager

So, I'm in a bit of a situation....and I may need to do the unthinkable and rush a beer.

I hate to, but I committed a keg to an event and the date of the event got moved up on me!

The lager is coming out of primary. I'm probably looking at Tuesday to transfer it to a corny keg for a secondary so that I can fit it easily into my keezer.

The plan is to drop the temp in the keezer over two weeks as the recipe states.

Once the two weeks is over hook up the CO2 and blast the sediment off the bottom. Then transfer to another corny with a filter in between the transfer.

If all goes well I'll have about another week to ten days to carb it up and let it sit.

Has anyone done this or something like it and what were the results? The documentation on the filter states that it takes a good chunk of the green flavor out of the beer. However I've never used one so I'm naturally leery.

Thanks.

Bear Hill Brewery - Get Mauled!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2011, 08:46 PM   #2
PT Ray
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I made a lawn mower/adjunct lager straight from primary to keg. I let if ferment for a couple weeks and then crashed it for 3 weeks or so before kegging. It was a kit beer and turned out just as good as the one I did with traditional lagering methods. Can't say I'd do a DoppleBock the same say.

I've used a filter a couple times. It was more of a PITA then anything. It was cool having sediment free, polished beer but that novelty quickly faded.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply