Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > rinsing after sanitation

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2008, 06:26 AM   #1
newbrewr4fun
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default rinsing after sanitation

After sanitizing my brewing items including brew pot and bucket. Do I need to rinse everything with boiled water? How long should water boil before it is considered sanitary?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2008, 06:35 AM   #2
Seabee John
Swing the BIG hammer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 17

There is a lot of info on this site about sanitation, sterilization, and cleaning. You can search any of those terms and the important threads will be a "sticky" thread.
But to answer your question with a question... what are you sanitizing with? Does the product say that you need to rinse? I use starsan which is a no rinse sanitizer. I spray it on and let it sit. "One step" is another "no rinse sanitizer", but for whatever reason, I can't seem to resist the urge to rinse after using it. In all the brewing I've done I've never once rinsed with boiling water. oh, and sinse you will be boiling your wort in your brew kettle, there is no reason to sanitize it, only clean it after the brew.
good luck buddy! you can start here

Mom was right. Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Where's my beer. I know I left it around here somewhere.....
Kegged/Drinking:Nihilistic Integrity - Black IPA, #1 BIAB pale ale, Bells Two Hearted - yes a keg of the real stuff
Kegged/Conditioning:Wally N Seans Braggot, Emerald Eyes - Irish Red, Atomic Tsunami - brown
Primary:empty

Old 06-17-2008, 08:24 AM   #3
RichBrewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 85 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabee John View Post
There is a lot of info on this site about sanitation, sterilization, and cleaning. You can search any of those terms and the important threads will be a "sticky" thread.
But to answer your question with a question... what are you sanitizing with? Does the product say that you need to rinse? I use starsan which is a no rinse sanitizer. I spray it on and let it sit. "One step" is another "no rinse sanitizer", but for whatever reason, I can't seem to resist the urge to rinse after using it. In all the brewing I've done I've never once rinsed with boiling water. oh, and sinse you will be boiling your wort in your brew kettle, there is no reason to sanitize it, only clean it after the brew.
good luck buddy! you can start here
+1
Don't waste time sanitizing things that won't need it. Only the items that will contact the cooled wort/ beer require sanitizing. Home brewing is more fun when you can simplify the process.

Cheers,
Rich

Quick Reply