Removing Hops and Yeast from fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpalme

Reaction score
I have had my hops and yeast in the fridge for about the last three weeks. I setting everything up to start brewing this evening and I'm wondering do I just leave them in there until I am ready to add them to the mix or do I bring them up to room temp first?

Yeast needs to be at room temp when you pitch it. As close to the temp of your wort as possible so you dont shock it. What type of yeast is it? What type of beer are you making and what is the intended original gravity?

as a general rule, you want to bring your yeast up to room temp, ideally just below pitching temp (for example, warm to 60*F and pitch at 65*F).

hops: doesn't matter. they will be thrown into the boil, they'll warm up quickly :D

Amber Ale, my own concoction that I had some help coming up with. OG is 1.049. Terminal 1.012. Yeast is 1oz of Danstar Nottingham. Hops are 1oz of goldings and 3/4 oz of Northdown.

This is a partial mash (BIAB).

Btw, the yeast is active dry yeast and I believe that I will need to add it to about 4 oz of water to rehydrate it correct?

Back